FRIDAY, AUGUST 15, 2014
WOW...where has the summer gone? It is hard to believe that children will be starting back to school in the coming weeks. Found these safety tips in the AAA Motorist that are little reminders for drivers and pedestrians.
Tips for motorists:
1. Follow the speed limit
2. Look for children crossing in the street
3. Be aware of buses
4. Come to a complete stop at intersections with stop signs
5. Reverse responsibility (check blind spots, watch for children while backing up)
6. Watch for bicycles
7. Keep your eyes on the road at all times
Tips for children walking to school:
1. Stay on the sidewalk, if no sidewalk, then walk facing traffic, single file as far off the road as possible.
2. Cross streets only at the corner or a crosswalk
3. Look both ways before crossing
4. Listen to traffic helpers
5. Put down devices
More information on traffic and pedestrian safety can be found at AAA.com/community.
Posted 9:51 AM